Veneers – Lynchburg, VA
We Can Perfect Your Smile Today!
Have you ever been watching a movie and wondered why actors always seem to have perfect smiles? That’s because many of them correct aesthetic flaws in their teeth with veneers. These custom-made restorations are placed over your teeth to correct several different dental imperfections at once. Finally, you can smile like all your favorite stars thanks to veneers in Lynchburg. If you’re ready to have a smile fit for the silver screen, just give us a call!
Why Choose Peery & Woolwine Family Dentistry for Veneers?
- Caring Team of Dental Professionals
- High-Quality Custom-Made Materials
- Can Last Up to 20 Years
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are ultra-thin sheaths of dental porcelain that are placed over the front surfaces of your problem teeth to correct cosmetic imperfections. Each veneer is custom-made to adhere to each individual tooth so that it looks like a completely natural part of your smile.
Am I a Good Candidate for Veneers?
If you’re unhappy with some aspect of the teeth smiling back at you in the mirror, veneers may be just the treatment you need. They can be used to correct multiple smile flaws, like:
- Worn-down or stubby teeth
- Stubborn stains or discoloration
- Small gaps between teeth
- Minorly crooked teeth (earning them the nickname “instant orthodontics”)
Before you go through with the treatment, though, we generally ask that your smile be infection-free. This means that if you have tooth decay or gum disease, those issues should be addressed prior to placing veneers.
How Does the Veneers Procedure Work?
After your consultation, getting veneers takes two easy appointments. First, your cosmetic dentist in Lynchburg will reshape your affected teeth by removing a small sliver of enamel, about equal in thickness to a contact lens. This will ensure that your veneers don’t bulge out in your smile. Once this process is finished, we’ll take detailed impressions of your teeth and send them to our partnered dental lab. While your veneers are being crafted, we’ll place temporary veneers to protect your teeth and let you take your new smile for a test drive. Simply return to our office a few weeks later when your veneers are ready, and we can replace your temporaries with custom, natural-looking permanent restorations.
What Are the Benefits of Veneers?
Veneers come with a multitude of benefits, including:
- Fixing several aesthetic dental flaws in just one treatment
- Perfectly resembling your natural teeth
- Having a high resistance to stains and discoloration from habits like smoking and consuming darkly pigmented foods and beverages
- Being a conservative treatment that doesn’t remove much enamel
- Being able to last up to a decade, possibly even two, with proper oral hygiene and regular dental checkups